Happy (early) St. Patrick’s Day Outlander fans! While this post isn’t exactly Outlander related, St. Patty’s Day IS this Saturday and I wanted to share my super easy crockpot recipe I have. My friends have been asking me for it, and besides, I know I’m always on the lookout for easy recipe ideas, especially for the crockpot:
Corned Beef & Cabbage:
- 1 beef brisket (3~4 lbs) (any cut will do)
- 1 head cabbage (~3 lbs), cut into 8 wedges
- 1 lb carrots
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 wedges
- ~15 oz chicken broth
- Place corned beef in bottom of crockpot, followed by carrots, onions & cabbage, in that order.
- Pour chicken broth over cabbage & cover. Cooking time 8-10 hours on Low or 4-5 hours on High. Too easy!
We’re going to pick up a growler of Tullycross Tavern’s Irish Red (SO good- it’s so smooth, rich & caramel-ly!) and finish the dinner off with a Nutty Irishman Coffee. Oh- I’ll give you THAT recipe too—it’s my favorite coffee-dessert-cocktail:
- 6 oz strong coffee
- 1 oz Bailey’s Irish Cream (“Carolans,” a less expensive irish cream works well too)
- 1 oz Frangelica (a hazelnut liquor)
- Whipped cream
It’s as easy as it looks & tastes even better! Just add the Bailey’s & Frangelica to the coffee, top with whipped cream & Slainte! It’s heavenly. (I suppose it wouldna hurt to add a wee drop of Scottish whisky to the coffee as well—a wee drop never hurt anyone lol)…